* Performing data based analytics in support of decision making
* Big data processing and analysis
* Building or using models and simulations
* Developing solutions for difficult and ambiguous problems
* Applying mathematical and statistical solutions
* Working in a multi-disciplinary team environment
* Working with more senior team members and our sponsors to solve problems
* Producing technical reports
Location VA: McLean Campus
Required Skills: Ability to determine system performance criteria and conduct system performance assessments.
Experience in operations research, statistics, forecasting, data analysis, modeling and simulation, scripting and programming languages.
Experience formulating operational objectives and designing studies of research and decision-making processes.
Work effectively in a team environment.
High level of self-motivation and initiative.
Strong communication abilities (written and verbal).
Solid interpersonal skills.
Preferred Qualifications BS in Operations Research, Mathematics, Computer Science, System Engineering
Experience in optimization, decision analysis, discrete event simulation
Aviation operations experience desired
Experience in MATLAB, R, Python, SQL, JAVA, Tableau, Hadoop, Pig
Minimum Education/ Experience BS
Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 5 % of the time as well as some local travel.
Clearance Suitability (Govt Background Investigation)
Clearance Statement Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Relocation Assistance Provided Yes
Career Level Entry Level
Professional Area Information Technology